In need of some Nozawa Onsen backcountry fresh? Or simply need a Nozawa Onsen ski guide to show you the best in-bounds stashes? You’ve come to the right place!
Nozawa Onsen Backcountry Tours & Nozawa Onsen Ski Guiding
Nozawa Onsen Backcountry Ski: Overview
Explore The Heart of Japan is pleased to be able to help offer group and private backcountry tours in Nozawa Onsen. These are run by well established operations with experienced Nozawa Onsen backcountry guides.
Our Nozawa backcountry tour features easy access, great tree riding and some of the best hot springs in Japan make Nozawa the first choice for Japan backcountry adventures.
The resort tops out at 1650m with bottom lift starting at 550m allowing for 1000m of vertical on some runs. The terrain allows for a plethora of route options ranging from lift access short hike powder bowls to long run touring. We have something for all levels and styles. Typically the season starts early January and the best snow lasts until late Feb, but there are always a few surprisingly good days in March. Most visitors to the Nozawa Onsen backcountry tours tend to explore the deep powder fields by first heading up the lift line.
Nozawa Onsen Backcountry Ski: Video
Nozawa Onsen Backcountry Ski Tours
Nozawa Onsen Backcountry Tours run Jan 15th – March 15th (8.00 – 4.30pm) but may vary due to lift operation circumstances. Contact us for possible tours outside these dates
Nozawa Onsen backcountry tours: routes and skill levels
The route will be chosen and customised by your guide to match your skill & experience level
This is the perfect introductory tour to backcountry touring. Learn how to use the gear and access some easy untracked terrain to master those powder turns in the Nozawa backcountry.
If you have been BC before and want to get away from the crowds to find those secret stashes then look no further. We have the goods!
If you are looking for a BIG day of Nozawa backcountry touring, have plenty of experience and are a high level rider, then one of our expert routes is for you.
Need to know:
- Minimum of 2 people required to run tour;
- Age 13 and older + Intermediate level ski/snowboarder or above;
- Participants under 20 must have signature of guardian or parent;
- A moderate level of fitness is required. The fitter the group the more extensive the touring options;
- Bring: Ski/Board, Boots, Ski clothing, Gloves, Helmet,Goggles, ski poles with BIG baskets, drink, snacks, sandwich/food;
- Included: Professional guide, Avalanche transceiver, Probe & Shovel;
- The price does not include skis/snowboard, lift ticket, lunch or insurance;
- Please ensure your travel insurance will cover any circumstances that may occur during your tour.
Ready to book your Nozawa Onsen backcountry ski guide? Fill out the enquiry form to start!
Thank you for your interest in Nozawa Onsen backcountry tours.